Do you have an area of your garden which could be given a bit of TLC?
Would you like to see your residents getting their hands dirty and reconnecting with food and nature?
Grow it Schools offers a range of gardening activities which engage, motivate and inspire residents. Sessions can be arranged to be on a regular basis; weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
Some of the activities on offer (indoor/winter);
- propagation from cuttings
- sensory herb games
- seed sowing; flowers, herbs, vegetables
- pricking out potting on seedlings
- spring flower pots
- naturalising bulbs
- hyacinth bowls
- table decoration
- cut flowers
- caring for house plants and cacti
- maintaining vegetable plots – applying mulch
- planting out seedlings/plants
- planting out hanging baskets and containers
- harvesting fruit & vegetables
- outdoor cookery classes
Check our ‘News’ page here to see updates on how other residential settings are getting along.